By: Lily Mehok
Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte
¼ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup water
¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ teaspoon almond extract
7-10 drops butter extract – optional
2 oz freshly brewed espresso (or ½ cup dark roast brewed coffee)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Heat water and sugar in a saucepan until sugar is dissolved and mixture is clear
- Remove from heat and add vanilla, almond, and butter extract
Making the drink:
- Fill a 16-ounce glass with ice and add espresso
- Add 2-4 tablespoons of your sugar cookie syrup
- Fill cup with almond milk
- Top with sprinkles!
Caramel Brulee Latte
7 oz. coffee
1 tbsp brown sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp milk
½ oz. caramel syrup
- Pour hot coffee into a cup with ice
- Add brown sugar, vanilla extract, caramel syrup, and milk
- Stir until sugar is dissolved
- Top with whipped cream, caramel sauce, and toffee bits
Chestnut Praline Latte
5-6 chestnuts, in the shell
3/4 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup water
1/2 cup pecans, shelled
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
2 shots of espresso, or 1 cup strong coffee
8 ounces of steamed milk
- Cut 3/4 way around the nut, not cutting all the way through.
- Place them on a baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees. The shell will start to separate from the meat inside when they are ready.
- Let them cool and pull off the shell.
- Coarsely chop them and put them in a food processor.
- In a small saucepan add the sugar and water. Once the sugar is dissolved, add the cooled mixture to the food processor along with the vanilla extract.
- Puree until smooth-ish. Filter it through a mesh sieve and set aside.
- In a saucepan, dissolve the sugar and water together.
- Toss the pecans in the water mixture and coat.
- Remove from the saucepan and place them in a 350 oven for 10 minutes, or until the liquid hardens.
- Add the praline pecans and the brown sugar to a cleaned food processor and pulse until coarse. Set aside.
Making the drink:
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of chestnut syrup to a cup.
- Add the hot espresso or hot coffee and stir to combine.
- Pour in the steamed milk.
- Top with the whipped cream and then the praline crumble topping.
Toasted White Hot Chocolate
1 cup milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream or half and half
4 ounces high quality white chocolate
- Preheat an oven to 250°F and line a sheet pan with a silicon mat or parchment paper.
- Place white chocolate on the lined sheet pan and place in the oven. Cook for about 40 minutes, pulling out every 10 minutes to stir.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine milk, heavy whipped cream, and caramelized white hot chocolate. Cook until white chocolate has fully melted into the liquids.
- Divide between two cups and serve topped with whipped cream.