By: Amira Horowitz
With the holidays coming up, what better time to experience all the local activities happening here in Ohio! From sitting on Santa’s lap to lighting the menorah to celebrating Kwanzaa, immerse yourself this holiday season in many cultures and traditions for a more inclusive holiday season. This is a guide of fun activities to do with your family and friends this holiday season!
- Go Ice Skating At Wade Oval! This is such a fun experience to do with your friends and you can go skate and then go get hot chocolate! And it is very affordable with $2 to skate, $3 for skate rentals, and the rink is open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays through Feb. 17 with additional days between Christmas and New Year’s. More information can be found here: https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2021/11/rink-at-wade-oval-opening-for-the-season-in-december.html
- Go on a Downtown Cleveland Christmas Walking Tour. From Nov 28 – Dec 19, you can experience Cleveland’s rich Christmas history on this fun walking tour for families or friends. More information can be found here: https://visitorfun.com/event/22559/downtown-cleveland-christmas-walking-tour
- Go get a cup of hot chocolate from Biggby Coffee! What is a more perfect way to start a cold Cleveland holiday season than with a cup of warm hot chocolate? Plus, it is near HB!
- Go see “Kwanzaa with Karamu,” a community program that features, not only songs and dance performances, but education into the meaning and traditions of the Kwanzaa holiday. This is a FREE event for the community! More info here: https://www.thisiscleveland.com/events/kwanzaa-with-karamu
- Go see the Wild Winter Lights at the Cleveland Metropark Zoo Featuring more than one million individual lights and unique twists on holiday traditions. This year’s event features hundreds of lighting displays across holiday-themed areas and a dynamic light show featuring a massive 50-foot-tall tree. More info here: https://www.northeastohioparent.com/event/wild-winter-lights-3/2021-12-11/
7. Go to Castle Noel, which is a Christmas museum in Medina filled with many displays and lights! You can see tall castles, many pretty lights, Santa’s slay and so much more! More info here: https://castlenoel.com/
8. Go to the Chanukah Extravaganza at Legacy Village! The holidays are a festive time to relax and reconnect with loved ones. Celebrate the last day of Hanukkah, the Jewish festival of lights, with jHUB at our Hanukkah drive-in extravaganza! We’ll serve doughnuts, snacks, and warm drinks. More information can be found here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hanukkah-drive-in-extravaganza-tickets-200346801677
9. Visit the River Festival! The RiverFest will feature a synthetic ice skating rink, festive light displays, a beer garden with firepits, a holiday retail shop, and an igloo village at Merwin’s Wharf. There will also be appearances by Santa on weekends. Find more information here: https://www.clevelandmetroparks.com/parks/calendar/2021/merwin-s-wharf/winter-riverfest-presented-by-troy-bilt
10. Go to A Garden Holiday at Cleveland Botanical Gardens. A Garden Holiday is a holiday festival held inside and out at the gardens that includes decorated trees, gingerbread house displays, photo opportunities, and more. More information can be found here: https://holdenfg.org/attractions/cleveland-botanical-garden/a-garden-holiday/