By: Sophia Tully
When you think of lunch, what comes to mind? Maybe it’s the huge line in front of the servery every day, finding a spot to sit with your friends, or loading your tray with the day’s delicacies. But what do students at HB really think of the lunch here? What are some of their favorite options, and what would they change about their lunch experience? In this article, several upper school HB students have been interviewed to tell us just that.
Q. What is your favorite part about the lunch at HB?
- Having time to talk to and catch up with your friends.
- Getting to talk to my friends.
- Hanging out with friends.
- The food!
Q. What is, in your opinion, one of the best meals HB has to offer?
- Mac and Cheese
- Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
- Breakfast for Lunch, or Pierogies
- Breakfast for Lunch, or General Tso’s Orange Chicken
Q. If you could, what would be something that you would change about your lunch experience overall?
- Not having salad as a main course, because we always have salad as a side option anyway, and not having meals such as hot dogs or sloppy joes.
- Better tasting meals, as well as more options, and less “healthy” foods.
- Healthier options that also taste good.
- Probably more freedom to choose what we want. Sometimes there’s a lot of stuff I like, and sometimes there’s nothing. I would like more options. Since COVID there has definitely been less to choose from.
In general, HB girls definitely have some opinions when it comes to lunch time. But, from social time to comfort food, I think we can all agree that lunch is something we look forward to every day.