by Amira Horowitz
With fall coming up I thought I would share my world-famous blondies with chocolate frosting. Well, this doesn’t necessarily count as a fall food because lets be real, it is really an all the time food because they are just so so good. The chewy, sugary, and vanilla blondies with the richly decadent chocolate frosting are the only thing that is needed to turn a bad day into the best day of your life.
As Lina Tian said “The blondies were delicious especially because of the effort put into making them homemade“
And Mr. Parsons said “Wow! These are really good and the chocolate frosting is reallyyy good”
Now, this is originally made non dairy, because well I’m dairy-free and like 68% of the world has lactose intolerance. You do not need to use the non-dairy ingredients for it to come out good, so if the recipe calls for ¼ of a cup of Almond Milk, just use regular milk and the same goes for the butter! I promise you it will taste fabulous. Now, here is the recipe……..
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour (130 grams)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed (220 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup oil (80 milliliters)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 175°C.
- Whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add the oil, egg, and vanilla extract and mix using a baking spatula. It should look almost like dough.
- Pour into an 8 x 8 inch pan (20 cm x 20 cm) lined with parchment paper and spread evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting
Frosting Recipe on Next Page →
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar (organic)
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 ounces soy margarine (softened)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or unsweetened soy milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Steps to Make It:
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a medium-large mixing bowl, sift the confectioners’ sugar and cocoa together, then add the softened margarine (butter), almond milk (milk), and vanilla and beat with an electric hand mixer, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Refrigerate and spread just before serving on fully-cooled cookies, cakes or cupcakes