By: Jazmine Halawa and Elizabeth Troyer
Tangulu is a sweet and crunchy Chinese street food made with strawberries and sugar. Popular in northern China, the hard crunchy sugar shell around the strawberry sets it apart from other soft-shelled sugar treats.
- 15 Strawberries
- 15 Skewers
- 2 cups of Sugar
- 1 cup of water
- Candy thermometer
- Pot or pan
- Parchment paper
- Wash and dry strawberries thoroughly.
- Insert skewers into top of strawberries.
- Add sugar and water into a pot.
- Bring to a boil and insert candy thermometer (no need to stir).
- Once the thermometer displays 300 degrees F, turn off heat.
- Carefully dip strawberries in the mixture and set on parchment paper to harden (they should harden quickly if sugar has been correctly prepared)
I like strawberries