By Sol Rivera
For Lettuce Wraps Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Ketchup
- 1 tsp White Vinegar
- 1.5 Tbsp Sriracha
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced) or 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Chicken/Vegetable Stock
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 Cup Chicken (minced)
- 1 small Onion (chopped)
- 4 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable/Sesame Oil
- Sesame Seeds for garnish
- Spring Onion (green, chopped)
- Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
- In a bowl add the ingredients for sauce and mix well.
- In a wok/pan, add oil,when it’s hot, add garlic and onion and saute till soft.
- Add minced chicken and stir to separate the chicken and cook evenly.
- Add sauce and mix well
- Cook until chicken is cooked well and sauce has mostly dried.
- Add the sesame seeds, spring onion greens, and red pepper flakes.
- Arrange the lettuce cups/leaves and place two to three tablespoons of chicken on each leaf
- Yellow Onions are the best to use when cooking
- Buy pre minced garlic at the store to save time
- You can use any lettuce, iceberg works best, but I used romaine