By: Zoe Zappas
As you have probably heard, Harry Styles has made his official comeback with his top charter “Lights Up”. This past Friday, he released his full second album Fine Line. As an avid listener of Harry, I decided to rank the songs on his album. Disclaimer: all of the songs on this album are wonderful, and it was very hard ranking them, so you should definitely still listen to the whole album. Multiple times. Anyways, enjoy!
“Golden”, “Watermelon Sugar”, “Adore You”, “Lights Up”, “Cherry”, “Falling”, “To Be So Lonely”, “She”, “Sunflower Vol. 6”, “Canyon Moon”, “Treat People With Kindness”, “Fine Line”
- “Canyon Moon”– This is by far my favorite song on the album. It instantly transports you to paradise. The build and nostalgic sound is absolutely marvelous. A masterpiece.
- “Lights Up”– I. Will. Never. Get. Tired. Of. This. Song. Period. It is pretty obvious why this song is his current top hit. The chorus is jaw-dropping.
- “Sunflower, Vol. 6”– I love this song so much. It gives me so many Beach Boys and Vampire Weekend vibes and it’s the perfect song to describe a chill day at the beach.
- “To Be So Lonely”– Huge fan of the rhythmic sequences of this one. I have never heard a song with a rhythm like this, and I love how catchy the lyrics are. The honesty in this song is also very breathtaking.
- “Cherry”– The harmonica combined with Harry’s passion and heartbreak is just too much to handle. An interesting feature is the outro which features one of the French voicemails his recent ex Camille Rowe left for him.
- “Golden”– The upbeat energy conveyed in this song is contagious. An instant uplifter. Really enjoy the chorus of this one.
- “Fine Line”– This song reminds me a lot of Bon Iver, whom I am a huge fan of.
- “Falling”– Not as upbeat as the other songs, I still think this deserves to be in the Top 10. as Harry’s vocals are so beautiful combined with the piano in the background. Some may feel like it is sort of another generic, melancholic love ballad, but I still think it’s a gorgeous composition.