By: Abby Morgan
Things to do to take a break from midterm prep!
I know this time of year is pretty stressful for us all with midterm exams coming up! Everyone is focused on their study plan to make sure they can achieve their desired grade. While studying is crucial for success, it is always good to take a break and have a breath of fresh air! Here are some ideas for healthy ways to give your brain a rest:
1. Yoga- Personally, I think that yoga is a great way to relieve some stress. Taking your mind off of everything going on in your busy life will help you feel your best! Stretching also helps loosen up all the muscles that are tight from stress.
2. Go for a run- While this is also a form of exercise, it also takes your mind off of everything that needs to get done. Throw in a pair of earbuds, listen to your favorite songs, and take a nice jog at your own speed! You will feel refreshed and ready to take on your tasks ahead.
3. Do a jigsaw puzzle- This may seem kind of random, but I have found puzzles to be one of the most relaxing things! Yes, it is a little challenging, but that’s the fun of it. You may get so into it that your brain becomes completely engrossed in the task of finishing the puzzle.
4. Cook or Bake- Cooking and baking are both fun, especially when you can make something that tastes good. This will give you a distraction for at least a few hours!
5. Family Game- Get your family together and have a family game night! Getting competitive is a great way to keep your mind off of the big days ahead. Choose a variety of games to keep everyone engaged and interested!
These are some things I did last year to take breaks from studying. They all gave me a good refresher and helped me push through the hours of studying. Good luck everyone on exams this year!