By Olivia Gidlow
From Food Network
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter (1 stick), diced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Flour for rolling the dough
- One 15-ounce can unsweetened pure pumpkin puree (about 2 cups)
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups half-and-half
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
1. Whisk together flour, salt, and sugar. Slowly work the butter into the dry ingredients until it looks like yellow corn meal, with small bits of butter mixed in. Next add the egg and stir the dough together.
2. Wrap the dough into a disk and wrap with plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. After chilled transfer the dough into a 9-inch pie pan and trim the edges accordingly.
4. Preheat oven at 400 degrees, bake about 30 mins, until golden brown, then cool on rack.
1. Whisk together pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs, half and half, spices, and salt until silky smooth.
2. Pour in filling to pie crust.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 50-60 minutes. Cool on a rack and enjoy!