by Zoe Zappas
Fall is by far my favorite season ever. I mean, who doesn’t love a nice pumpkin latte and sweater weather? The leaves are changing, the days are shortening, and we are gearing up for the holiday season and nights by the fire. Nothing beats enjoying the cool, crisp fall air on your face when you step outside to greet the day. There are so many accessible and fun local fall activities to do that are unique to our area. Below are some fun, classic, and unique fall-themed activities available in northeast Ohio. Great for the fam, friends, and yourself.
- The Holden Arboretum– Located in Kirtland, the Holden Arboretum is one of the largest botanical gardens in the United States complete with a lovely Canopy Walk and Emergent Tower. There are various events held here throughout the months of October and November, so be sure to investigate if you are interested.
- Brandywine Falls– Located in Sagamore Hills, Brandywine Falls is a lovely, scenic area in Cuyahoga Valley National Park equip with well-kept trails, viewpoints of the falls, and lush landscape perfect for pictures. It is a must-see, whether it be for a short stop, an extended photoshoot.
- Ohio and Erie Canal Towpath– The Ohio and Erie Canal Towpath is a multi-use trail that follows part of the former route of the Ohio & Erie Canal with multiple points of entry. It is a great biking trail. If this activity sounds appealing to you, there is also a train that runs through the towpath, so you could bike/hike one direction and flag down the train for a peaceful ride on your way back.
- Squire’s Castle– Located in the beautiful North Chagrin Reservation, Squire’s Castle is a nice place to spend an afternoon, as it offers some nice hiking trails, photo op’s, picnic areas, and an opportunity to explore the past.
- Lake Metroparks Farmpark– celebrate fall with Lake Farmpark’s fall events!
- Patterson’s Fruit Farm– hayrides, trails, donuts, corn mazes, and unforgettable fun!
- Apple picking– visit a local apple orchard and go pick some apples to use for some fall desserts! Nothing better than a good apple crisp or pie.
- Halloweekends at Cedar Point– Check out the once a year indelibly scary events…
- Host a Scary Movie Marathon– Grab some friends, pop some popcorn, and download some Halloween movies you wouldn’t want to watch alone
- Decorate pumpkins– visit a pumpkin patch, pick up some pumpkins and decorate!
- Bake fall treats– look up some fun fall recipes and spend a weekend full of baking!
- White House Fruit Farm’s Fall Events– celebrate the harvest season!
- Cleveland Flea– Visit the Cleveland Flea and see all it has to offer this fall!
- Go thrifting or visit a quirky coffee shop you’ve never visited before!
- Go to a spooky escape room with friends or check out a haunted house!
- Tree Frog Canopy Tours– Located in Glenmont, Tree Frog Canopy Tours is a really thrilling place to visit, as it is the longest, fastest and smoothest zipline course in Ohio. It is a great way to see the refreshing autumn colors
I hope this list of ideas was helpful and that you might try one of them out! Be sure to investigate them more for details and dates!