by Grace Mansour
It is hard to get back in the swing of things with starting a new school year, so I have put together some ways to stay organized for the start of the year.
- Buy an agenda or planner so you can write down tests and homework
- Have notebooks and folders to keep notes and papers organized and together
- Have to-do lists to make sure you get everything done
- Color code according to class
- Pens for note taking, this makes it more fun and easier but it is not for everyone
- One thing at a time, no multitasking. Once you have too many things on your plate it is hard to get everything done
- Use sticky notes/post its. These can work as good reminders
- One thing for each subject (folder or notebook or binder)
- Set 5 minutes a day to plan out your week. You can write this down in your agenda or planner. Making sure you know when your tests or essays are helps you plan ahead so you do not save it for the last minute.
- Don’t rush. When you rush, your work tends to get sloppy and just remember to take your time
- If you keep things in your locker keep it clean so you can easily have access to your books and binders.
- Declutter once a week or after a big test so that you don’t have to carry around a huge load of thing you do not need
I hope these helped and maybe gave you some new ideas on how to stay organized and ready for the rest of the year!