By Claire Adornato and Audrey Wallner
When we saw this very easy and delicious dessert, we knew we had to make it. At first, we were skeptical about the no-bake part and we weren’t sure if this dessert was going to work as advertised, which is why we wanted to put this seemingly easy recipe to the test.
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Line an 8” x 8” or 9” x 9” pan with aluminum foil. Set aside
- In a medium-sized, microwave safe-bowl, microwave the butter for 1 minute or until the butter is completely melted. Add 1 cup of the peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs, and powdered sugar. Stir until completely combined.
- Spread mixture evenly in the prepared pan. Place in the refrigerator.
- In a small bowl, microwave 2 tablespoons of peanut butter with the chocolate chips until melted, about 30-45 seconds (depending on the strength of your microwave). Stir until smooth. Spread over peanut butter layer.
- Chill until firm, about 1 hour. Cut and serve!
Making these dessert bars was pretty easy, but it definitely took more than 10 minutes to prepare the bars before freezing them. It was more around 15-20 minutes to gather the ingredients, set it all up, mix, and then pour the bars into the pan to freeze. The chocolate to peanut butter ratio was also a bit off and we would say there was a bit too much chocolate for our taste. So we recommend to putting a little bit less peanut butter than called for. Even though it took a little bit more time than expected, the no-bake bars were still very good and especially since summer is coming and it would be a very nice treat to help cool down.