Testing Buzzfeed Recipe: No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
By Claire Adornato and Audrey Wallner
When we saw this very easy and delicious dessert, we knew we had to make it. At first, we were skeptical about the no-bake part and we weren’t sure if this dessert was going to work as advertised, which is why we wanted to put this seemingly easy recipe to the test.
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Line an 8” x 8” or 9” x 9” pan with aluminum foil. Set aside
- In a medium-sized, microwave safe-bowl, microwave the butter for 1 minute or until the butter is completely melted. Add 1 cup of the peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs, and powdered sugar. Stir until completely combined.
- Spread mixture evenly in the prepared pan. Place in the refrigerator.
- In a small bowl, microwave 2 tablespoons of peanut butter with the chocolate chips until melted, about 30-45 seconds (depending on the strength of your microwave). Stir until smooth. Spread over peanut butter layer.
- Chill until firm, about 1 hour. Cut and serve!
Making these dessert bars was pretty easy, but it definitely took more than 10 minutes to prepare the bars before freezing them. It was more around 15-20 minutes to gather the ingredients, set it all up, mix, and then pour the bars into the pan to freeze. The chocolate to peanut butter ratio was also a bit off and we would say there was a bit too much chocolate for our taste. So we recommend to putting a little bit less peanut butter than called for. Even though it took a little bit more time than expected, the no-bake bars were still very good and especially since summer is coming and it would be a very nice treat to help cool down.