Valentine’s Day Muddy Buddies Recipe
By Grace Mansour
To get into the Valentines Day spirit I decided to bake a yummy treat. I make muddy buddies every year for Christmas and as a new tradition I have decided to make them for other holidays too. I am starting with Valentine’s day and I found this recipe from Crafty Morning that looked so good that I just had to make it. Here is the link if you want to check out the site I got it from: https://www.craftymorning.com/valentine-muddy-buddies/
The ingredients are pretty simple and the recipe is super easy to follow and is super quick.
- 1/2 cup white candy melts
- 1/2 cup pink candy melts
- 1/2 cup red candy melts
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon shortening
- 3 cup Chex cereal
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- Melt 1/2 cup of one color of candy melts in the microwave, heating for 25 seconds, then stirring, and reheating as needed until smooth.
- Stir in 1/2 Tablespoon of shortening, and then 1 cup of Chex cereal.
- Stir to coat the Chex cereal completely.
- Place one third of the powdered sugar (about 3 Tablespoons) into a ziplock bag and add the candy-coated Chex. Close the bag and give it a good shake for one or two minutes.
- The candy won’t be completely sugar-coated since we want the color to stand out, so the pieces will stick together a bit. Try to space them out on a cookie sheet to dry.
- Repeat this process with the other two colors of candy melts.
- Let dry for at least one hour – avoid the temptation to put this in the fridge as that will cause the candy to sweat when it is returned to room temperature.
This recipe makes around 3 cups which is a good amount for 6 people so if you would like to make more just double it or even triple it. Hopefully you try the recipe out and love it because I loved it! Happy Valentines Day!!!