By: Eleina Salgia

Nearly all species of sea turtles are now endangered due to the plastic in our environment. Out of all the plastic in the world, only about 5% of it is eligible to be recycled. The other 95% pollutes our earth by entering our oceans. This 95% represents the eight million metric tons that annually enter our ocean, impacting almost 700 species. These species include manatees, who don’t usually have any natural predators, therefore they are not equipped to deal with the plastic that surrounds them. We must work together to reduce plastic by using reusable cups and straws and making sure to recycle. In addition, pick up any trash that is left around and throw it away. Together we can save this planet!

Posted by:hbinretrospect

Reporting not for school, but for life.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s