How to Overcome Laziness and be Productive
By: Radhika Dutta
Ever had that day when you never want to start your homework and all you want to do is sleep, eat, and watch tv? Next thing you know, it is 11:00 pm and you have homework in every subject and a test tomorrow. Well I am here to prevent that from happening. Here are some tips to how to overcome laziness and be productive:
1. First of all only focus on the real problems. Start with doing your homework that needs to be due tomorrow. Try doing your least favorite subject first to get it out of the way. Don’t do something that is due next week or in a couple days until later.
2. Set goals that are reasonable. It is impossible to do all your homework in twenty minutes, so a reasonable goal is to do your homework in an hour and thirty minutes or more.
3. Next be organized. I have an agenda which helps. Crossing off your homework to-do list is satisfying and makes yourself feel accomplished and proud.
4. To help yourself be motivated to get through the hard math problems or english essay, think about the benefits after you finish them. After you finish your homework you can go back to watching tv or go to bed. Think of that while doing your homework so you can get it done fast.
5. This is easier to say than do, but try not to be stressed and take deep breaths. If you are all stressed out and panicking you will never get anything done.
Remember taking breaks and rewarding yourself after you finish a task is key to keep your focus. Reward yourself by going on your phone for five minutes or go get your favorite snack.
Hope this step by step guide helps to overcome laziness increase productivity and hopefully help you get to sleep at a reasonable time.