By Emme Semarjian
While attending HB, I’ve learned many different things: time management, organization skills, communication skills, and more. While learning all of these things at once, a new skill that I never thought I needed seemed to pop up. Procrastination. I am an expert procrastinator, whether it means starting my homework at midnight, or taking a nap solely to get out of studying for my test the next day. Over the years, my procrastination skills have developed further and further, so I decided to share with you 50 ways to TOTALLY procrastinate just about anything.
- Don’t go home after school- One of the best ways to procrastinate is to go anywhere else but home after school, because then I trick myself into thinking that I physically can’t do my homework if I am not at home. After all it is HOMEwork.
- Start a new show- Or rewatch an old one, that works too.
- Take up a new hobby- I can’t draw to save my life, but a few nights ago I found myself attempting to draw, very poorly, just to get out of doing my APUSH notes.
- Just think- It’s amazing what your mind can cook up when you are trying to avoid something.
- EAT!!!! – My personal favorite way of procrastinating is to just eat. Like anything.
- Similar to number 5 but not quite the same… Cook or bake something – This takes up a ton of time and by the end you should be just about ready to start whatever you’ve been putting off.
- See how long you can hold your breath – I don’t think I’ve ever used this one to procrastinate but hey that could be pretty entertaining. (NOT a long-term procrastination method!!!)
- Take a Buzz feed quiz – If you have ever taken one of these quizzes, you know that one leads to two which leads to fifty. This will definitely keep you occupied for a while.
- Look out your window and just wait for something to happen- This is pretty much self-explanatory.
- Make a Triller- Okay I am pretty sure that 99% of us have done this. (it’s fine)
- Write a list of ways to procrastinate – I am high key struggling to come up with new ideas so if you think of any LET ME KNOW!
- Watch a music video on YouTube and see where you end up- Next thing you know, you could be watching the top 10 ocean mysteries of all time. YouTube is a freaky place man.
- Go custom make something online- You don’t even have to buy it; half the fun is just designing it yourself.
- Clean out your closet- Just try to only do small sections at a time because this can potentially take forever, and next thing you know you will be procrastinating the thing you were doing to procrastinate in the first place.
- Teach yourself a secret language- Takes a while, and people will be amazed when you can speak it.
So…. “50” ways kind of turned into 15 because I procrastinated this article A TON but definitely use these ideas to procrastinate; they really work. Trust me.