Two Flavorful Fall Recipes!
By: Emma Borrow
HERE ARE TWO AMAZING RECIPES. IF YOU DON’T TRY THEM YOU ARE MISSING OUT ON MY FAVORITE PART OF FALL: FOOD.
1. Pumpkin Pull-Apart Loaf
For the Biscuits
- 3/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice or Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 1 can (8 count) Grands Flaky Layers Biscuits (Pillsbury Biscuts)
- 3 tbsp melted Butter
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 3 tsp Milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray loaf pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar, pie spice, and milk. Mix until blended.
- In a small bowl, make the sugar mix by combining sugar and pumpkin spice. Set aside.
- Separate dough into biscuits, then separate each into 2 layers, making 16 total layers.
- Gently press each to flatten.
- Brush each layer with melted butter.
- Spread pumpkin mixture on top of each layer and dust with sugar mix.
- Stack 4 biscuit layers together and place on side in prepared pan.
- Repeat process with remaining layers.
- Dust top of loaf with remaining sugar mix.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Cover top with aluminum foil and bake an additional 20-25 minutes or center is baked through.
- Make icing by combining ingredients and whisking until blended.
- Allow loaf to cool for 15 minutes, then drizzle with icing.
(THIS IS THE BEST FALL DESSERT SERIOUSLY YOU HAVE TO TRY IT. IT IS ADDICTIVE.)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (to sprinkle on towel)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar (optional for decoration)
Instructions for CAKE:
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
- Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan; line with wax paper. Grease and flour paper.
- Sprinkle a thin, cotton kitchen towel with powdered sugar.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until thick.
- Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts.
- BAKE for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. (If using a dark-colored pan, begin checking for doneness at 11 minutes.) Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel. Carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end. Cool on wire rack.
Instructions for FILLING:
- BEAT cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth.
- Carefully unroll cake.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over cake.
- Re-roll the cake.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.
*COOKING TIP*: Be sure to put enough powdered sugar on the towel when rolling up the cake so it will not stick.