by Kalie Sommerfeld
With spring break approaching, many HB girls are getting ready to depart on trips of a lifetime. I personally have the incredible opportunity to travel to Italy. Being a Latin student, I am very excited to visit the ancient ruins of Pompeii and Herculaneum as well as the famous sites in Rome.
Preparation for the trip has been super fun and exciting. We have been learning all about Italy, from its ancient history, to the architecture, to Italian food. We have learned so much about Italy already, and I can’t wait to be able to see what we have learned in person
Here are a few of the amazing opportunities we have:
- Visiting ancient sites in Naples: We will have the chance to visit and see what cities were like for the ancient Romans themselves thousands of years ago, and actually walk on the ancient ground.
- The Walk of the Gods – Another thing I am super excited about is walking along the Amalfi coast. It will be amazing to see the beautiful scenery and surroundings of Naples
- Seeing the ancient sites and Rome: I am also really excited to visit the Colosseum, the forum, and other ancient sites that I have learned about and will actually be able see in person.
- The Sistine chapel and art museums – It will be amazing to visit Roman art museums, and to learn more about their history. I am also excited see the beautiful art on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel as well.
- And much, much more!!!!!!!
Although it is impossible to pick what I am most excited for, hopefully you saw a glimpse of what the Italy trip will be like. I am super excited to depart on my journey. Tune back in in a few weeks to learn more about how the incredible experience was in real life!