by Ela Passarelli and Lilly Rothschild
Hello fellow HB-ers! A warm greeting from your two Valentine’s/Galentine’s day hosts, Ela Passarelli and Lilly Rothschild. In this article, you will learn how to properly celebrate Valentine’s day, whether you are spending it with Netflix or your boyfriend/girlfriend.
- Get into your Valentine’s day attitude with a movie
Even if you don’t have a special someone, you can still bring the love! Valentine’s day is about loving the people around you. To get with the vibes, you need to do a few things. First, watch a love movie. Look at the list below for some options depending on your feelings.
- “I hate Valentine’s day and sappy love.”: Watch Heathers
- “I wish I had a boyfriend/girlfriend.”: Watch Valentine’s Day
- “I don’t know how to feel and I’m tired.”: Watch The Notebook
- “I’m numb and don’t care.”: Watch The Titanic
- “I don’t want to watch anything related to love or Valentine’s Day.”: Watch Contact (recommended by Ellie Roberto, it’s mind blowing!)
- “Love is in my future.” Watch Notting Hill
All of these movies will have you loving love! (Except Heathers, it’s a little freaky, but we really like Christian Slater.) Then, you need to bust out a Valentine’s day playlist at EVERY MOMENT OF THE DAY. But, since we go to HB and are strong, independent women, why not listen to a Valentine’s day POWER playlist that you can find right here – https://open.spotify.com/user/elapassarelli/playlist/6jBH6gwx6K5W3E5oK9fGKG -(There is no answer to this question. You have to do it.)
Finally, the right Valentine’s Day attitude is finished off by only one thing… and this brings us to number two…
- Throw on some Valentine’s day outfits!
We have put together some Valentine’s Day outfit below, again based on your mood. Check them out!
- “Girl Power.”
- “OMG pink is my favorite color.”
- “I’m going on a hot date.”
- “PARTY PARTY PARTY!”
- “PJ’s all day because I probably won’t leave the couch… except to go to school…”
- The Recipe (No, not the song by Kendrick Lamar, even though we love that too.)
Recipes by mood:
- “I am crafty!”https://www.pinterest.com/pin/553520610438070428/
- “I am deep and complex.” https://www.pinterest.com/pin/274930752228874989/
- “I am more just a sweet innocent dessert.” http://www.smartschoolhouse.com/easy-recipe/heart-quesadillas#_a5y_p=4865937
- “I am happy, but not that hungry.” https://www.pinterest.com/pin/15058979980625879/
Now, if you’re in the mood for Valentine’s Day, celebrate! Our tips and tricks really work. If you still feel a little down, don’t worry. Just have a Galentine Day and forget about V-day. We ourselves are having a nice dinner with spaghetti and meatballs just with our gals. But now we’re off topic…
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! We hope you have the BEST V-DAY EVER! Don’t be afraid of being cheesy because what is life about if you can’t be a little cliche sometimes, eh? Thank you and see you next holiday from your hosts!!!!!
Message from the editor: Looking for an extra pick me up? Stop by Target/CVS/anywhere that sells candy on February 15 for on sale Valentine’s day candies!!!