By Emma Borrow
In the wake of the most recent Presidential Inauguration, I would like to express my endless appreciation for all that you have done for our country over the past 8 years. In an effort to show my appreciation, I would like to proffer the readership of Retrospect with the top 5 reasons to be obsessed with you.
- You oversaw the $840 billion stimulus package as a part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, helping to rebuild our economy and prepare for a sustainable economic future.
- You led the Ready to Work Initiative, in an effort to help our administration identify opportunities to create a workforce with better skills, preparing American workers for the jobs of the 21st century.
- You have always been a supporter of women’s rights and a longtime advocate against sexual assault and domestic violence. As students of Hathaway Brown School for girls, my classmates and I were incredibly excited when you were appointed the first-ever White House Advisor on Violence Against Women.
- You have also raised the living standards of the middle class through your role as the chair of the Middle Class Task Force.
- Your memes have brought me personal comic relief throughout the past 6 months. I will honestly never stop loving these memes, and I, along with many others, will definitely not forget them as we adjust to the Trump Administration.
- Lastly, your incredible relationship with Former President Barack Obama is inspiring. I hope that one day I am a part of such a wonderful (and meme-worthy) friendship!
Hope you enjoy this video as much as I did!
Featured image: https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/453173279637766144/-zpwMHaG.jpeg