by Kavya Menon
Hey Juniors! So, it seems as though you guys have just begun the process of selecting the university that will be lucky enough to be blessed with your presence come the fall of 2017. I just wanted to take a second to give you guys some advice—even though I wouldn’t consider myself an expert in any capacity, I think that this may help you. Take everything I say with a grain of salt, and remember that everything is going to work itself out. I can’t say that enough. EVERYTHING is going to work itself out.
1. Be honest with yourself, and don’t let yourself get mesmerized by the name of a college.
2. Don’t ED unless you REALLY REALLY REALLY want to. If a college loves you and you truly are meant to be there, they will accept you in the regular round.
3. Don’t get caught up in what others are doing—during the college process, it is really easy to start focusing on others to avoid thinking about yourself and being honest with yourself. Don’t do this!!!
4. Be kind to one another, and remember that you all love each other.
5. Try your best not to be competitive with each other and to be extremely supportive of one another—this helped our class go a long way.
6. Everything will work itself out, and you will end up where you are meant to be. People will spend the entire year telling you this, and you won’t really believe until the very end of your college process, but TRUST ME this isn’t just some corny saying. It really really really is true, so believe in it and take comfort in knowing that its all going to be okay.
7. REMEMBER THAT YOU ROCK!!!!!! You guys are a bunch of amazing superstars, so please remember this. Any college would be so lucky to have you.
8. Senior year will be over before you know it, so try and enjoy it while you can! It truly is a whirlwind.