by Maya Razmi
You probably are studying a lot for finals, but if you need a break, pick up any of these books for a great escape! Also, these are great books to read over the summer. Enjoy!
- I Am Malala, by Malala Yousafzai
- Fire and Flood, by Victoria Scott
- The Testing, by Joelle Charbonneau
- Dualed, by Elsie Chapman
- The Fault in Our Stars, by John Green
- We are always learning about women taking power. This book is an autobiography about the youngest recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize (not Emily Spencer!) and her journey after getting shot by the Taliban.
- This book is a science fiction novel about Tessa, a young girl whose brother is sick. In order to win a cure, she has to compete in a deadly race called the Brimstone Bleed.
- This book is set in post-apocalyptic America by the Great Lakes. Each year, the top students are selected to take part in a deadly test, but many never come back. This year, when Cia is selected, her father warns her of the perilous possibilities of the test. Follow Cia as she embarks on a dangerous journey.
- In this world, everybody has a twin raised by different families. However, in the end, only one twin can survive. West Grayer is ready to take on her twin, but is she ready for the terrifying journey that awaits her? Read on to find out.
- If you haven’t read this book, you should really read it. Now. Especially if you only watched the movie, because the book is so much better. Hazel, a girl with cancer, falls in love with a charming, witty boy named Augustus Waters. Together, they embark on an epic quest to discover the meaning of life.