Things to Do in Cleveland During Spring Break
By: Molly Coughlin
Are you stuck in Cleveland over spring break? Wondering what to do with those two weeks when there’s still snow on the ground? If you answered yes, then this article is for you.
- Go somewhere you’ve never gone before. There are many places in and around Cleveland that many Clevelanders have not visited. For example, go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- Okay, I know this is kind of a boring answer, but spring break is the perfect time to catch up on that series you haven’t had the time to keep up with, or watch that movie you’ve been planning to see for a while.
- Go sledding. Spring break doesn’t seem like the right time to go sledding, but it is in Cleveland. It will be somewhat warmer, but there should still be enough snow. So, find a good hill and get on the sled
- Take a day trip somewhere with your family or friends. A good place to go, since there will most likely still be plenty of snow on the ground in a week, is somewhere you can ski or snowboard. Spend the day at Holiday Valley, Peak ‘n Peak, or any of the other resorts nearby.
- Cleveland Rock Gym. This would be a great way to spend one of those days when icy rain is falling from the sky. The Cleveland Rock Gym is a place full of opportunities to indoor rock climb and belay. If you’re thinking of making this one of your spring break activities, call a week in advance. Another probably easier activity along these lines would be Sky Zone, a place full of trampolines.
- Look up some restaurants you’ve never tried before. Pick a couple and make it your goal to try them all before spring break is over. This will make even lunch and dinner an exciting adventure.
- Go bowling. Get a group of friends together or go with your family. This is a great way to spend a couple hours one day over spring break, and it is indoors so you don’t have to worry about the cold.
Spring break is what you make of it, so be adventurous and have fun on your staycation!