Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie-Muffins
By Madeleine Schroedel and Emily Amjad
Combat the chilly temperatures with these soul-warming cookies! Puffed up like muffins after they bake, they taste like classic pumpkin pie. But with chocolate chips, so, better.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Gather ingredients. If you’re not in your own kitchen, be prepared to open all the drawers and cupboards trying to find the electric mixer attachments.
- Turn on your Spotify to Maroon 5’s new out-of-this-world album, V.
- Melt the butter in the microwave. (Try not to spill any on your leather booties like some)
- In a medium sized bowl, mix melted butter and Sugar (brown and granulated) with an electric mixer until clumps are gone.
- Add in vanilla and pumpkin, mixing until smooth. Like Adam Levine’s voice.
- In a different bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves.
- Adding the wet ingredients slowly into the dry, mix the batter on low until combined.
- Add the chocolate chips–semisweet, just like your feelings about Adam’s engagement to a Victoria’s Secret model.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or freezer for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
Note: You can keep the leftovers (but, be real, there will be no leftovers) for up to one week at room temperature!
Warning: You might get so addicted you’ll be sneaking them to school In Your Pocket and experiencing Feelings of intense happiness as a side effect. Your friends will be trying to steal them from you, and it’s not a question that everyone will be Coming Back for [More].
We promise these will be your New Love!
Recipe courtesy of: http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2013/09/04/pumpkin-chocolate-chip-cookies/